Sunday, February 22, 2015

Quick Links - 02/22/2015

I've managed to mostly catch myself up with what I've been reading recently in regards to reviews. And hey, they're pretty solidly positive! Woo!

Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear (Goodreads, my score 5/5) - Wow, this one was good. The more I think about it, the more I like it. This is actually my second review of this. The first was:

Karen Memory by Elizabeth Bear (Nerds of a Feather, my score 8/10) - because the scale is a bit more strict at NoaF, this is a little lower than my Goodreads rating. Still, a very good book.

Half-Resurrection Blues by Daniel José Older (Goodreads, my score 4/5) - another great book but with some elements toward the end that pushed me out a bit. Still, after reading "Kia and Gio,"  I have very high hopes for the next book in the series.

Kaleidoscope ed. Alina Krasnostein and Julia Rios (Goodreads, my score 4/5) - some amazing stories in this one and only a few that I didn't really like. That makes for a good collection in my book, especially with the focus on diversity. 

Traitor's Moon by Lynn Flewelling (Goodreads, my score 4/5) - oh my god I like this series. It's not the deepest of stories, not really the most challenging, but I love the relationship of Alec and Seregil (they finally do it in this book! FINALLY!) and this one features more Beka, so what's not to like?

And there you have it, a handful of books that I quite enjoyed. Maybe go check them out yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment